If you happen to be reading this and you haven't heard today's message, stop what you're doing right now and listen to this. Today was definitely a good day at BridgeWay and it was a very good day in the Schaeffer house. I preached one of the most passionate messages I've ever preached today, and then went and had Starbucks with my wife (the kids stayed home).

Not a bad day...here's some of what's rollin' around in my big bald head:
  • Did I mention that you need to listen to the message from today?
  • Favorite lines from today:
  • "Jesus saves us all at once, but changes us little by little"
  • "God's 'but' is bigger than your 'but'
  • "Some of you actually think the holes in the knees of my jeans are from praying"
  • The band ripped up "Dream On" by Areosmith
  • It was great to see all the teenagers sitting up front
  • Our teens did a great job raising several hundred dollars during the 30 hour famine
  • Spontaneous applause during the message today at least 3 times...I wasn't the only one fired up today!
  • I love preaching to our congregation.
  • I loved announcing that Matt & Brooke Robinson will be joining the BridgeWay staff in three weeks!
  • I also loved getting to meet some really cool people for the first time, who have been coming to BridgeWay for a few weeks.
  • I love my wife!
  • I love going to Starbucks with my wife!
  • I love going to Starbucks and drinking a grande non-fat mocha with my wife!

Hope to see ya all soon!

edit post

Comments

1 Response to 'Sunday Night Reflections'

  1. my3girlsmom
    http://daleschaeffer.blogspot.com/2008/02/sunday-night-reflections_24.html?showComment=1204088940000#c1134284138422698521'> 23:09

    I love my husband!

    I love going to Starbucks with my husband!

    I love going to Starbucks with my husband and drinking something other than coffee! (I've tried really I have, I just don't like it).

    I also love serving in Ministry with my husband. I'm not much of a upfront person, just a people person. I realized Saturday night how much I miss working and spending time with people outside the "church world", because it gives me a chance to build a relationship with them that then opens up a door to talk to them about church!

    I'm also excited about things to come for BridgeWay! These are exciting days; not to steal Dales words, (but I will), "Tighten up your Bible Belt", were in for an exciting ride. Let's see were we can get involved with what God is already doing, and were he is Leading us.

     

Post a Comment