vs 20-22 "I tell you the truth, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy...now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy."

One of the main transformations that Jesus works in our lives is the transformation from grief to joy. As a pastor, I often get to walk through some very sad and grief-filled times with people. There are times during the process that I wish I had the ability to change the situation for them, but that would shortcircuit the process that God uses to produce maturity and growth in their lives. It is through the process of seeing our grief turned into joy, that God produces the maturity that we all need.
edit post

Comments

1 Response to 'John 16 Reflections'

  1. Anonymous
    http://daleschaeffer.blogspot.com/2008/02/john-16-reflections.html?showComment=1203974460000#c4582702376308637199'> 15:21

    vs. 33: "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you will have sorrows: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

    All the problems of the world can't take away the happiness we will have we see Jesus face to face in Heaven. This vs. gives me so much hope to hold, on help is on the way. Jesus is coming back, so I know I need to point as many as I can to Jesus. The time is ticking...

     

Post a Comment