John 15 has to be one of the top 10 chapters in the Bible...if you haven't read it before, be sure to read it 2 or 3 times today...it will mess with you, encourage you, and challenge you.

vs. 2 "every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitfull."

~ God has definitely been pruning me the last few months. I feel like I've grown more as a leader and follower of Jesus Christ in the last 6 months than I have over the prior 6 years. It has been awesome to see what God is doing through BridgeWay and I want to see what God has in store for us as we all allow him to keep cutting away the dead wood in our lives and empowering us to let his life flow through us.
edit post

Comments

2 Response to 'John 15 Reflections'

  1. Anonymous
    http://daleschaeffer.blogspot.com/2008/02/john-15-reflections.html?showComment=1203709320000#c3577040448845428654'> 13:42

    When we moved into our house in February 1976 there was a grape arbor in the yard. I had a Christian friend, who was a gardener, come and prune it. When he got done I honestly thought he had killed the whole thing. He explained in great detail what he had done and that the grapes would be more productive, which they were. Ever since that time, I've looked at that picture in my mind when I read John 15. There was a big pile of rubbish and not much that looked good on the vine, but when it produced fruit that year, it was evident that my friend sure knew what he was doing.
    I can recall times in my life that God pruned me and I'm sure I was pretty pitiful looking when he got done. But by His grace, I am producing fruit for Him and it is my lifes desire to always be producing. Verse 1 mentions Him as being the "true vine" which suggests to me that there must be an untrue vine. Regretfully I followed the untrue vine for too long into too many deadends. I praise God for resucing and he no long remembers them. As far as the east is from the west. That is love.

     

  2. Anonymous
    http://daleschaeffer.blogspot.com/2008/02/john-15-reflections.html?showComment=1203973320000#c1229274546639572857'> 15:02

    Great comments

    vs. 5 & 6: Speaks to my heart like this: If I am not living for Jesus, by not allowing the Holy Spirit to reveal the areas in my life where I am not like Jesus and working on those areas of my life. I could become useless to the Kingdom of God. - Convicting!

    vs. 13: There is no greater love than the love Jesus showed us by sacrificing His life so that we might be saved. We all want to be loved. Well, Jesus gives the greatest love freely to those who are willing to receive. - God help me show the love of Jesus.

    Jesus, help me to become more like you everyday. So, others will be lead to you Lord.

     

Post a Comment