• What an awesome day. Today was Brenna's and my birthday, and it was a great day. We had a party for Mia & Brenna today after church at our house. It was packed...like 60+ people...thanks to everyone who came to celebrate with us!
  • I can't believe I'm 32 years old, and that my oldest daughter is going to be in high school next year...man I'm getting old!
  • Wow did the Bears ever look terrible today...it's amazing that they came back to win...good thing it was the Raiders.
  • Brett Favre is a stud! I can't stand the Packers, but the guy is ageless.
  • Worship was awesome today! Week 3 of Makin' Noise, and God keeps blowing me away every week.
  • Chuck's song "Are You With Me" rocked my socks off! You're gifted man!
  • BridgeWay, you guys keep expanding my faith in God and his ability to transform people's lives. The Bless Back stories are just too much to take! I'll try to get them all together and share them all with you somehow in the next few weeks.
  • People are getting serious about doing what I challenged us all to do last week by selling a possession of value and giving away the money!
  • People are selling motorcycles!!! Trucks!!! Furniture!!! and all kinds of toys!!! God is really going to use this kind of obedience.
  • The last three weeks we have had over 200 people in worship!!! Wow, keep inviting your friends to check out what God is doing at BridgeWay.
  • I never dreamed that we would grow by nearly 20% during a capital drive. People say that when you talk about money in new churches you scare people off, not draw them in, but this is definitely a God thing.
  • I love pastoring BridgeWay.
  • I love my family even more! Happy Birthday girls!
edit post

Comments

1 Response to 'Sunday Night Reflections'

  1. Chris Genders
    http://daleschaeffer.blogspot.com/2007/11/sunday-night-reflections.html?showComment=1196980020000#c9122318435211162817'> 16:27

    Dale,

    I'm looking forward to getting to know you more. I want to echo your thoughts on the capital campaign and increase in attendance.

    We recently completed a 6-week series on financial stewardship called "What's in Your Wallet?" We continuously saw people bringing friends, family members, and co-workers during this series.

    Remember...people give to Vision. Paint a compelling picture of the future, and people will respond in amazing ways. The old adage (and oft-quoted movie line), "If you build it, they will come" only comes true if you are a healthy church with a compelling vision for the future.

    Lead on, brother...

     

Post a Comment