Proverbs 19:2 "Enthusiasm without knowledge is no good; haste makes mistakes." (NLT)

Proverbs 19:2 "It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." (NIV)

I'm not the most spontaneous person in the world. Most of the time I prefer to have most everything figured out before I move forward with an idea or a project. But there are times, when I get excited (enthusiastic/zealous) about something, and get way ahead of myself. Usually things work out, but with far more mistakes than if I had taken the time to plan better. I could tell you story after story on this one, but I think I'd rather hear yours. Anyone else got a story of how this verse has played out in your life?
edit post

Comments

1 Response to 'Thursday, October 4th Reflection'

  1. Anonymous
    http://daleschaeffer.blogspot.com/2007/10/thursday-october-4th-reflection.html?showComment=1191584160000#c1944205896242187148'> 06:36

    For me, it is usually a purchase. We buy it without thinking of the longer term debt.

     

Post a Comment