Sorry this is a little late. We had a power outage at the house this morning...strange.

Proverbs 11:14 "For lack of guidance a nation falls, but many advisors make victory sure."

One of the mistakes I made early on as a Christfollower was that I thought I knew it all. I figured that it was God who had called me and the only person I needed to listen to was him. As I've gotten older, I've discovered that I need the input of others to help make me better. I need to seek out people who are further down the road than I am in nearly every area of my life. Spiritually, I've tried to connect with other Christians (not all of them pastors) who are further along than I am. I've tried to get advice from people who have been successful parents and have children who love God. I'm currently searching out other leaders who have led new churches and led them in effective and growing ministries. I want to remember many advisors make victory sure. Who are the advisors in your life? Do you have any? What will happen if you don't seek them out?
edit post

Comments

4 Response to 'Tuesday, September 18th Reflections'

  1. Anonymous
    http://daleschaeffer.blogspot.com/2007/09/tuesday-september-18th-reflections.html?showComment=1190118180000#c628999701856029902'> 07:23

    I agree. I am also in the process of seeking out others that are further along in their faith or have been leaders to help me through the many decisions that seem to come daily. I am at times overwhelmed by the number and pace of issues that are "thrown" at me.

     

  2. Anonymous
    http://daleschaeffer.blogspot.com/2007/09/tuesday-september-18th-reflections.html?showComment=1190132040000#c8307454953780472140'> 11:14

    It's so good to be reminded to seek out the wisdom of the Bible and the wisdom of others who can help us. Prov. 11:5 & 6 hit home today,too. Life goes so much better - it's more productive and peaceful - when I listen to the Lord

     

  3. Anonymous
    http://daleschaeffer.blogspot.com/2007/09/tuesday-september-18th-reflections.html?showComment=1190142480000#c5177190409703367340'> 14:08

    I can remember some very real Christian men in my past that I always looked to for advice, one of them being my dad. All of those men are enjoying Heaven today and I find that I'm left with the responsibility of trying to model Jesus the way that they did in their lives. Sometimes I hit it and sometimes I fail miserably, but I'm so thankful that I serve a God who says, "My grace is enough, it's all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness." 2 Cor. 12:9 (Message)
    Where would I be without Him? I shudder to think.

     

  4. Anonymous
    http://daleschaeffer.blogspot.com/2007/09/tuesday-september-18th-reflections.html?showComment=1190197800000#c6986267774099079402'> 05:30

    God led us to Bridgeway, so we could have those wise leaders. It is so easy to just push God out of the driver's seat. You've seen the bumper sticker "God is my copilot". I don't want God to be my copilot. I want him to by my PILOT. I need to keep my hands out of it! I can only do that as I read my Bible, pray, and seek out help from those who are further along in their walk with the Lord. This is a never-ending process.

     

Post a Comment