A few weeks ago, we had a special speaker at BridgeWay named Larry McKain. One of the points that Larry made while he was here is that we need to allow God to correct our lives by applying the Bible to our lives, and bringing our lives into line with God's Word. The first verse in today's reading reminded me of that. In Proverbs 10:17 it says, " The road to life is a disciplined life; ignore correction and you're lost for good."

I'm pretty sure that at some point, if not every day, during these 28 days together, that God is going to show us something that needs to be "corrected" in our lives. Let's be people who are open to God's correction and discipline in our lives. I know there are things in my life that God wants to change, and I want to be someone who says, "I love to be corrected by the Word of God."

Have a great day!
Dale
edit post

Comments

1 Response to 'Monday, September 17th Reflections'

  1. Anonymous
    http://daleschaeffer.blogspot.com/2007/09/monday-september-17th-reflections.html?showComment=1190055660000#c1825422759808157161'> 14:01

    It has always been my intent to be my best for God. I haven't always achieved my best because of my self getting in the way. His Word has always been THE anchor that if I can only get my self out of the way and what I think is so important, then I can continue to grow in Him. I'm looking forward to what God has for me personally and us as a body during this 28 day experience. God is good.
    Rick

     

Post a Comment