• Great kickoff to the first week of "Dream Job"!
  • The band was smokin' today...especially on "Who are You" by The Who!
  • Great to have Steve Hazlett back in the saddle again...seriously, in the words of Damon Morgan, "Roger Daughtry has got nothin on Steve Hazlett"!  Just wow!
  • We've got some fun stuff lined up for the roll-in video bumpers for this series...don't miss a week!
  • Had some friends crash with us last night to be with us in worship today...Dan & Whitney...great to have you guys!
  • I love our volunteer teams! You guys have been flat killin' it the last few weeks in Tremont!
  • Big meeting this week to determine our next steps with the our location...appreciate your prayers!
  • Loved talking about rooting your Identity in relationship with God and his purposes....with out it we all end up frustrated.
  • Encouraged people to take off the false-self they've been putting on to please others, and to live a life to please God.
  • I'm gonna be giving away a free copy of Bill Hybles' book "Holy Discontent" on my blog this week.  Simply comment on this post or any other post with why you'd like a free copy of the book and I'll make the announcement in church on Sunday, and on my blog next Sunday afternoon.
  • Looking forward to kicking off my Men's Fight Club group tonight!  Gonna be a great few months together!
  • Have a great week!
edit post

Comments

2 Response to 'Dream Job week 1 Reflections'

  1. Anonymous
    http://daleschaeffer.blogspot.com/2010/10/dream-job-week-1-reflections.html?showComment=1287954270074#c7459974437879598350'> 16:04

    God is string so much within my spirit. In Aug. before this was even preached on I made a vision board of goals and things God wants me to do, has me doing, and is preparing me to go even further to do. I have been noticing that my deepest hurts I have gone through have been used by divine appointment to help several people. With that said I also have noticed that with time and healing within myself it does not hurt as much or feel like I am still in the situation like it had other times. And, I only want and feel called to help people continue to grow, trust God fully and for self to keep serving. Thanks for everything you do with Bridge Way, I am happy to be part of this family and serve with you all.
    - Amy Aldrich

     

  2. Anonymous
    http://daleschaeffer.blogspot.com/2010/10/dream-job-week-1-reflections.html?showComment=1287976635207#c304449010231740375'> 22:17

    Constant struggles with what I should be doing job wise. Seems that when I ask God for direction, I get nothing. But maybe that is the answer. Am I where I'm supposed to be? Have I been looking for signs to move on when the signs God is giving me are that I need to embrace the opportunities that are right in front of me and help lead those around me to Him? Just wish there were easy decisions once in awhile.

     

Post a Comment