Did something we've never done at BridgeWay before today...shocking I know...pretty much something we do every week.

Seriously though, we did a one week only sneak peek into a series on family/parenting we're doing next month.

I wasn't sure how it would go over, but it was great!

I'd been praying about this series for literally 14 months!

I could tell it had been that long because God has really been wreaking me in a good way leading up to this series.

I broke down sobbing in my office during my last message run-through and had to just stop and drop to my knees and pray...always a good sign before you preach.

I hope people sensed how passionate I am for families to succeed.

The big idea of the day was that in our families, the little things are actually the big things.

Preached out of Ephesians 4:26-32 for the second week in a row...pretty cool.

Yes, we did do another country song today...I know...I know...but it fit really well...we did "I Run to You" by Lady Antebellum.

Tons of first timers today! Several who came out on Monday for Family Night at Splashdown!

Big stuff coming up Labor Day weekend with Party in the Park!

If you haven't been baptized and you've given your life to Christ be sure to sign up for baptism!

Big week this week with District Assembly at Pekin First on Wednesday and Thursday...you should come out for the evening services both nights...gonna be good!

Also looking forward to kicking off a new series called "Why Worship?" next Sunday!

Oh yeah, one more thing...we saw 6 people give there lives to Christ Sunday!

Have a great one church!



edit post

Comments

2 Response to 'Sunday Night Reflections'

  1. Anonymous
    http://daleschaeffer.blogspot.com/2010/08/sunday-night-reflections.html?showComment=1281321802366#c6603687900053638299'> 21:43

    However some people dont wanna accept what God has to say though you and keep on going.

     

  2. Anonymous
    http://daleschaeffer.blogspot.com/2010/08/sunday-night-reflections.html?showComment=1281370542169#c5779381397173558448'> 11:15

    How did I miss the country song???? We were a little late getting into service. Darn, I love that song!

     

Post a Comment