I've always been a planner.

But about 3 months ago, I realized that I was better at planning for my church than I was for my own life.

So I gave myself the gift of a day away to consider how I was doing in some key areas: Spiritually, Physically, Relationally, Financially, and some other areas.

Some of the tools I used in this day retreat, I discovered through a great blog post by Michael Hyatt (CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishing).

Michael's post does a great job describing the process of retreating for a day of reflection and links to a great tool to help guide your planning.

Here's a copy of the tool. I also include his original post as a part of the tool to make it easier to use.

I encouraged our congregation at BridgeWay to give themselves 1 day in the next 2 weeks to work through this tool.

If you take that challenge, or if you read this and take the time to work through this template let me know.

I'm already seeing some great things happen as a result of using this tool, and I'd love to hear from you if you find it helpful.
edit post

Comments

1 Response to 'Creating a Life Plan Tools'

  1. Matt
    http://daleschaeffer.blogspot.com/2009/12/creating-life-plan-tools.html?showComment=1261582038674#c2421751995193995803'> 09:27

    Thanks for sharing this! I took a day last week to work through it and it was fantastic. I highly recommend it to whoever is considering it.

     

Post a Comment