• Great morning at BridgeWay.
  • I really enjoyed teaching this message on the power of words.
  • Amazing thunderstorm came through this morning during set up. Brown skies and rain so hard you couldn't see only about 50 feet into the parking lot. In the middle of all the rain I got soaked hulling in stuff for my message.
  • Power flashed out twice during the storm...immediately began praying that we would keep power for the morning...we've never had the power go out, and we had to begin creating a plan just in case it did.
  • Really great spirit during the 11am service during the worship set.
  • People really seemed to be into the service both times.
  • I felt like my messages were the most consistent they have been in a long time today.
  • I was pretty tired today...we went to a couple parties last night and ate way too much, and drank several cans of Mountain Dew...resulting in me watching the alarm clock until 3:17 am this morning...2 hours of sleep doesn't cut it!
  • Crazy week this week: Monday, I take Brenna to get her Kindergarten make-over...glasses, and a sweet new haircut. Tuesday, I've got meetings all day in Bloomington. Wednesday, is my only day in the office with several meetings. Thursday & Friday I'll be at the Willow Creek Leadership Summit simulcast at Northwoods Community Church. Somewhere in there I've got to write a sermon, hold a finance team meeting & finish vacation plans!
edit post

Comments

4 Response to 'Sunday Night Reflections'

  1. Bassist
    http://daleschaeffer.blogspot.com/2008/08/sunday-night-reflections.html?showComment=1218038640000#c3227409313835527735'> 11:04

    Cool Dale - I didn't know you had a blog!

    ok, well, now I do.

    :)

     

  2. Dale
    http://daleschaeffer.blogspot.com/2008/08/sunday-night-reflections.html?showComment=1218041280000#c9218425635078870916'> 11:48

    Thanks for stopping by! Hope you drop in again.

     

  3. Anonymous
    http://daleschaeffer.blogspot.com/2008/08/sunday-night-reflections.html?showComment=1218169620000#c6338072716841057043'> 23:27

    Well, we had a band rehearsal at the church tonight, I am just getting in. One of the band members owns a bakery, so he brought by left-overs (carrot cake, chocolate lava cake, exploding caramel apple turn-over -- I am on a sugar high, yet dead tired. Inside my mind is spinning on all the things from this morning. I am going to thank God for the diverse Body of Christ where each is gifted and burdened and passioned in a unique way -- and then go to bed. Wow! I wept. It was awesome. I will read your blog on it tomorrow Dale. Help me talk Dad into going next year, I've been trying for years.

     

  4. Dale
    http://daleschaeffer.blogspot.com/2008/08/sunday-night-reflections.html?showComment=1218197400000#c736778317127202254'> 07:10

    No joke...we've got to get District Assembly moved so he can go. That or use our powers of persuasion to get Willow to move the Summit...me thinks the later in more likely.

     

Post a Comment