I just finished reading through the book of Joshua, and now I’m reading through the book of Judges. God is really speaking to me about leadership and the importance of leadership. Here are some of the things I’m learning:

Judges 1:1 People want to know who the leader is going to be. They don’t lead themselves.

Judges 2:1-3 When God tells us to get rid of something, but we don’t do it, we experience the consequences and end up in bondage.

Judges 2:10 I think we are living in a generation that has little idea of who God is or what he has done.

Judges 2:16 God doesn’t give up on people who give up on him. He sends leaders who can help deliver them from their past mistakes. The choice to follow is still up to the individual.

Judges 3:10 Leaders need “the Spirit of God” in their lives.

Judges 3:31 I love the story of Shamgar. He gets one verse in the Bible. He doesn’t get the recognition of Gideon, Sampson, or Deborah; but “he too saved Israel”. I want to be a leader who uses what I have, every chance I get, regardless of the headlines I receive.

That’s what God’s been teaching me. What’s he been teaching you?
edit post

Comments

2 Response to 'What I'm learning from Judges'

  1. Anonymous
    http://daleschaeffer.blogspot.com/2007/09/what-im-learning-from-judges.html?showComment=1189344180000#c1716441482004590109'> 08:23

    I've been reading in the Book of Exodus and love the interaction between Moses and God. I was reading in chapter 33 where God shows his love for Moses in verse 22. Moses wants to see God's face and God tells him that no one can see God's face and live. He hides Moses in the cleft of a rock and God puts His hand over the cleft as He walks by. It's comforting to realize that even when we think we know what we want, God is ever watchful over us and gives us just what He knows we can handle.
    Rick

     

  2. Dale
    http://daleschaeffer.blogspot.com/2007/09/what-im-learning-from-judges.html?showComment=1189388820000#c8822171510321520193'> 20:47

    Rick, I'm going to be teaching from Exodus during the upcoming Hush series...I'm excited to see what God does.

     

Post a Comment