* Happy Mother's Day!
* I have been blessed to have been raised by a godly mother who has loved me in both the good and the bad of my life. I pray I love my kids the same way.
* I'm also blessed to have an amazing wife who is a great mother and example of a godly woman to our three daughters.
* Today has to go down as one of my favorite Sunday's at BridgeWay ever!
* We're in the second week of a series called "If you really knew me" and it is most definitely going to be a top 3 series of all time for us!
* Today I confessed that if you really knew me you'd know that I don't like a lot of Christians.
* Very awkward confession for a pastor to make.
* Not only do I not like a lot of Christians, but according to David Kinnaman's research in "Un-Christian" only 3% of non-christians between 16 and 29 have a positive view of Christians. This stat should disturb us.
* Don't blame it on the media either. The problem is that many Christians come across and judgmental and hypocritical, while the greatest majority of Christians who are "normal" don't have any meaningful relationships with people who are not Christians. It's on us church.
* Matt shared a powerful personally testimony of God dealing with pride and prejudice in his life.
* Both services we saw dozens of Christians confess that God had spoken to them about being a bridge rather than a barrier to faith.
* Both services we saw several people make a commitment to stop using hypocritical Christians as an excuse to ignore Christ...very cool stuff!
* The band was great, and did a rockin song by Third Day called "This is Who I Am".
* Had a great time of prayer after the services for a couple of people who are in need of God performing a miracle in their lives...please pray with me!
* Looking forward to a very full week with all day counseling tomorrow, meetings Tuesday and Celebrate Life at Olivet Thursday through Saturday.
* Can't wait to preach next Sunday about the issue of doubting God...don't miss it!
edit post

Comments

1 Response to 'Sunday Night Reflections'

  1. Anonymous
    http://daleschaeffer.blogspot.com/2010/05/sunday-night-reflections.html?showComment=1273445131781#c1600575193492977810'> 17:45

    Life changing growth as usual, thank you. Will continue to pray for all asked for here. Amy Y-A.

     

Post a Comment