• Crazy day today.
  • Got a call last night at 7pm that we needed to totally revamp our worship set for today...went from a hard rockin' set to a pretty mellow reflective set.
  • Chuck did great job rolling with the punches and God moved through the music this morning.
  • It was great to get Nate up front today...hopefully we'll get him up again soon.
  • Missed having Matt here this morning...ask him how his weekend went.
  • I really wrestled with God about this week's message. I must have spent 2-3 hours praying about today's message yesterday.
  • I think God really used it in a powerful way.
  • I preached much better at 9:30 than at 11 this week.
  • I felt really faint and light-headed before and during the 11o'clock service. Even had a hard time putting my words and thoughts together a couple times. And yes I did in fact have a slip of the tongue at 11...but there's no recording to prove it...thank God!
  • This Get Smart Series has become a very powerful series for several people.
  • I loved the scale illustration today.
  • My favorite line from the message, "If we are not careful, our talents and abilities can carry us farther than our character can sustain us."
  • Spent the afternoon at 2 birthday parties...then got home at 10 tonight...crazy day.
  • Chuck E. Cheese is really loud at 3pm on a Sunday afternoon.
  • Had a blast playing cornhole at the Borth's tonight.

edit post

Comments

1 Response to 'Sunday Night Reflections'

  1. Donnie Miller
    http://daleschaeffer.blogspot.com/2008/07/sunday-night-reflections_27.html?showComment=1217301300000#c1854681610948686997'> 22:15

    My favorite line from the message, "If we are not careful, our talents and abilities can carry us farther than our character can sustain us."

    That's a great quote!

     

Post a Comment