Sorry I didn't get a post up yesterday on John 13...my day was pretty full...take a look:


5am wake


6am leave for Atlanta airport


9am fly back to Illinois


6-11 am (try to keep from going crazy from massive headache)


11am arrive back home


11:30 kiss my wife (yes it took a whole minute)


11:31 take 5 minute power nap


11:36 drive to office & grab lunch


12pm return phone messages in office


1pm staff meeting


2pm follow up from Sunday


3:30pm discipleship meeting


4:30 pick up Brenna & Mia and get dinner


5pm prep for pre-marriage small group & make phone calls


6pm hang with student ministry staff and teens


7pm pre-marriage small group


8:30pm brief pre-marriage follow up session


9pm head home


9:30 kiss wife again...kiss & tickle kids...play with dog


10pm copy CDs from Evolve conference for staff


11pm go to bed





* man that was a loaded day...





Here's my thoughts on John 13:




  • Jesus shows the full extent of his love by washing his disciples' feet...I really think this is the heart of the first part of John 13...Jesus gave his disciples an example of service and humility...I can't tell you how much God has been teaching me about humility this year, and I love it!


  • I both love and am fearful of Jesus question to Peter, "Will you really lay your life down for me?" It's almost as if he's saying, "you might want to rethink that one. O he who speaks too quickly".

How about you...what are your thoughts?

edit post

Comments

1 Response to 'John 13 Reflections'

  1. Anonymous
    http://daleschaeffer.blogspot.com/2008/02/john-13-reflections.html?showComment=1226332920000#c3280240732488749299'> 10:02

    Good post.

     

Post a Comment