I am the Lead Pastor of BridgeWay Community Church of the Nazarene in Morton, IL.  BridgeWay is a 4 year old church plant that exists to connect with people who have given up on the church and possibly even God.  Since the launch of BridgeWay in 2005 it has grown from an initial gathering of 17 people to nearly 500 today, many who were not attending church prior to coming to BridgeWay.

Prior to starting BridgeWay, I served as the Youth & Family Pastor at Pekin First Church of the Nazarene in Pekin, IL from 2002-2005.  During that time I assisted in leading a thriving student ministry which grew from 30 to 90 students regularly.

I am passionate about connecting with people who have little or no church background, and helping them to connect with God.  My first ministry roles were in the areas of youth ministry and evangelism within two different church plants in the Kansas City area.

I also work closely with prospective and current church planters.  I serve as a coach with New Church Specialties, a church consulting and equipping organization; and assist in directing the church planting work of the Church of the Nazarene in Northwestern Illinois as a part of their Mission Strategy Team.

MY INTERESTS

While I serve actively in full-time ministry, my career is not my greatest interest.  That spot belongs to my family.  I have been married to my amazing wife Steph Schaeffer for twelve years.  We have three daughters: Helena (14), Brenna (7), and Mia (5).

In my free time, I enjoy reading, writing, graphic design, music, playing guitar, fishing, golf and disc golf.
edit post