Proverbs 17:17 "A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity."

This is probably one of my favorite Proverbs. It is easy to be a friend to someone when everything is going well, but what happens when things get tough? What happens when you or your friend do something that is hurtful, questionable or just plain wrong? Do you still love them? Do you still hang out with them? Do you still help them?

The second part of this passage says, "a brother is born for adversity". You really find out who your friends are when things get tough. (Sounds like a country song, I know)
edit post

Comments

1 Response to 'Monday, October 1st Reflection'

  1. Anonymous
    http://daleschaeffer.blogspot.com/2007/10/monday-october-1st-reflection.html?showComment=1191323820000#c6659282477009675365'> 06:17

    My verse from chapter 17 is 27: "A man of knowledge uses words with restraint, and a man of understanding is even-tempered." Isn't that the truth?! I want to be one who uses restraint in my life. I want to reflect Jesus to my kids, and I fall short so many times each day! But each day I think I get a little bit closer to the mark.

     

Post a Comment